Early Years Parent Support Program
CLICK HERE for the APRIL 2021 Parent Support Online Group Calendar
CLICK HERE for the MAY 2021 Parent Support Online Group Calendar
This program offers prevention and early intervention services to parents and parents-to-be to increase a family’s knowledge and skills for effective parenting to strengthen family resiliency. The program includes service options of individual parent support sessions, psycho-educational parenting groups, and interactive parent-child groups. The program is for expecting parents and parents with child aged 0 – 5. Referrals can be made from any source, including self-referral. Please see here for the brochure and the referral forms.
* Our office is wheelchair and stroller accessible
What are some changes to the program during COVID?
Currently our program is predominantly working remotely.
All groups are being run online, including both interactive children’s groups and educational parenting groups.
Most individual parenting sessions are being conducted over the phone or via video chat. There are a limited number of in-person sessions available for clients that would prefer to meet in the office. Please click here for our in office COVID safe protocols.
Who is the program for?
This free program is for expectant parents and parent with children under the age of 5 who reside in Burnaby or New Westminster. The program offers groups and individual support designed to strengthen family resilience.
Come and build your confidence and skills as a parent while connecting with new friends and other community resources.
What is included in this free service?
- Group Sessions
- Individual Parent Support Sessions
- Education and take-home resources on up-to-date parenting practices
- Bus Tickets to attend programming
- Snack during group and dinner for evening groups
- One or two hour group sessions on various topics are offered on most weekdays and some evenings year round
- Play-based and educational groups available
- Parents can attend any groups they are interested in or feel would be beneficial
- New group calendar provided monthly
- A fun, relaxed environment to learn and connect with other parents
Group topics include:
Managing Anger and Stress
Parent-Child Mother Goose®
Attachment and Bonding
Family Literacy Circle
Social and Emotional Development
…and many more!
- Work with a support counsellor to develop a personalized family plan, identify strengths, needs, and goals
- Learn effective parenting skills
- Get informed about healthy child development
- Receive support as you navigate the challenges of being a parent
We acknowledge that our programs are located on the unceded traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples, including territories of the Tsleil-waututh, Squamish, Stolo, Qayqayt, and Musqueam Nations.