Youth Worker: Temporary Contract Position (October 2017 to May 2018)
To assist the Activity Co-ordinator with the transition program for elementary students (ACTS Program) in the coordination of mentors and support with the program activities.
- 1 position for 12 hours per week – 3:00pm to 7:00pm Mon, Wed and Thurs.
- $17.12 per hour
- To start October 2, 2017
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Assists in the planning, organization, implementation and evaluation of community based recreational and social activities to meet client needs i.e. Homework Clubs.
- Encourages and facilitates clients participation in activities, provides guidance and instruction where necessary.
- Helps clients around skill-building (life skills and social skills) and models appropriate behaviour.
- Helps ensure the safety of the clients. Responds to emergencies in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
- Whenever required, assists in maintaining records and procedure reports.
- Help coordinate Mentors for activities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Experience working with children and youth.
- Courses or training around working with children and youth in a recreational setting.
- Cameray Child and Family Services is an equal opportunity employer.
- Successful applicants are subject to a criminal record check. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please email interest to email@example.com by September 26, 2017