COVID-19 Update To Services
Updated June 3, 2020
Cameray is returning to limited in-person sessions
In response to the latest announcement regarding BC’s restart plan, Cameray will be re-opening our office to limited in-person services starting in June 2020. Our agency continues to follow recommendations from our Provincial Health Office (PHO) and WorkSafe industry standards to guide our restart plan.
Please click on the following links for further information regarding in-person services:
Child and Family Counselling Program:
– Most counselling sessions will be via phone or video chat until further notice. The counselling program is currently taking on new referrals, however, there is still a waitlist for service. The counselling program will be offering limited in-person sessions for children and families as deemed necessary.
Parent Support Program:
– This program is for parents who are expecting or have at least one child under the age of 5. The program is currently open to new referrals and has no waitlist. Most individual support sessions will be held via phone or video chat until further notice. There will be limited in-person sessions for Parent Support clients as deemed necessary. All groups are running online via Zoom. Click here if you would like to see a calendar of groups being offered.
Child Victim Support Services:
– This program is for children who have been victimized or have witnessed a crime. The program is currently taking on new referrals and meeting with clients via phone or video chat. Limited in-person sessions may also be available as deemed necessary.
If you are interested in accessing any of our programming, or would like to make a referral, please email email@example.com or call and leave a message at 604-436-9449. Please visit our “Refer to Us” page to complete a referral form (families are allowed to refer themselves).
To sign up for groups please email firstname.lastname@example.org
HOPE Endures is a 7 week group for self-identified females ages 15-19. The group will be on Mondays from October 19 to November 30, 2020 at 4pm to 6pm. Click here for more information.
Parent Support Program – please join us for an Online Parent Support Group in Spanish on Monday April 20th and Monday April 27th from 10am to 11am. Please click here for more info
WORKING WITH TRANSGENDER CHILDREN & YOUTH: BUILDING YOUR TOOLBOX
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2020
This fast-paced one-day workshop features experts in the field of supporting transgender children and youth. It is appropriate for child and family therapists, psychologists, school counsellors, mental health clinicians, social workers, members of school-based teams, youth and family workers and community service providers. It is designed to provide specific tools to professionals who work with children and youth.
- Working with Children and Youth with Gender Dysphoria
- Gender Health Assessment Approaches and Authenticating Outcomes
- Supporting and Caring for Trans, Gender-Exploring and Gender Dysphoric Youth
FOR DETAILED WORKSHOP DETAILS AND MORE INFORMATION PLEASE DOWNLOAD OUR FLYER AND REGISTRATION FORM
Regular Rate: $185 p.p.
Student Rate $150 p.p. (10 seats available)
Parent Support Program: April 2020 Online Group Calendar (includes Burnaby and New Westminster based groups
Cameray is implementing social distancing
Due to the COVID-19 virus outbreak and in response to recommendations from the Provincial Health Office, all Cameray staff will be working from home until further notice. Our priority is to keep our families and staff safe. If you have a session or group scheduled, please wait for updates from your worker. Staff are checking emails and voicemails regularly. We are also accepting new referrals and are providing services via telephone, video, and online. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time.
Parent Support Program: March 2020 Group Calendar (includes Burnaby and New Westminster based groups)
Come and join us for our 3 week community kitchens group at Windsor Elementary School, starting Thursday, February 20th to March 5th, 2020 from 12:00pm to 2:30pm. Click here for more information.
HOPE Endures is a 7 week group for self-identified females ages 14-17. The group will be on Mondays from February 10th to March 23rd, 2020 at 4pm to 6pm. Click herefor more information.
Join us at the annual Play to Learn! Learn to Play! event on February 22, 2020 from 10am to 1pm at Willingdon Community Centre. Click here to view the poster