WORKING WITH TRANSGENDER CHILDREN & YOUTH: BUILDING YOUR TOOLBOX
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2019
This fast-paced one-day workshop features experts in the field of supporting transgender children and youth. It is appropriate for child and family therapists, psychologists, school counsellors, mental health clinicians, social workers, members of school-based teams, youth and family workers and community service providers. It is designed to provide specific tools to professionals who work with children and youth.
- Working with Children and Youth with Gender Dysphoria
- Gender Vectors of the Greater Vancouver Area (GVGVA) Project
- Supporting and Caring for Trans, Gender-Exploring and Gender Dysphoric Youth
FOR DETAILED WORKSHOP DETAILS AND MORE INFORMATION PLEASE DOWNLOAD OUR FLYER AND REGISTRATION FORM
EARLY BIRD RATE: Only $170 per person – lunch included
AFTER September 30th, 2019: $185 p.p.
Student Rate $150 p.p. (10 seats available)
The Clinical Coordinator oversees the day-to-day operation of the Counselling Programs and staff to ensure that the goals and objectives of the Agency are met. The Co-ordinator will provide planning, co-ordination and administration of the counselling programs, facilitate staff meetings and establish and maintain a healthy team and Agency environment.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- To provide clinical supervision and case management to counselling staff.
- Acts as a liaison with other community professionals including the Ministry for Children and Family Development, to co-ordinate provision of services. Attends MCFD referral meetings
- Responsible for hiring and discipline of staff
- Responsible for confidential Labour Relations or Personnel matters
- Provides professional expertise to others in interpreting policies and making judgements.
- Supervises program staff by scheduling, providing formal training and counselling them on work-related matters.
- Ensures that accurate program and client records are maintained and that confidentiality is a priority. Ensures that all documentation is completed according to schedule.
- Oversees risk management in the office.
- Provides case management and clinical supervision to team, monitoring effectiveness of service delivery
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with clients and stakeholders, volunteers, community partners, etc. Communicates and/or promotes the agency’s value at community events. Ensures participation in various task forces, working groups or other committees as an agency representative
- Ensures effective communication with management, staff and Board of Directors. This primarily involves open communication, consultation and ability to work as part of a management team within a non-profit structure.
- To participate in all Performance and Quality Improvement / accreditation activities
- Reports directly to the Executive Director
- Minimum of two years staff supervision/management experience as well as clinical supervision experience
- Minimum of M.S.W – or M.A / M. Ed / Psychology; RCC or RSW preferred.
- Minimum 5 years clinical counselling experience
- Awareness of community services, resources and systems and an ability to work with them
- Competence in working with a multi-cultural community
- 1 Temporary position @ 30 hours/week until April 30, 2020 with possible extension
- Must be available to work Tuesday to Friday
- To start as soon as possible
Please email interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Childcare Worker Contract
Contract positions to provide childcare in Burnaby and/or New Westminster for parenting groups for 2-3 hours per group. Groups predominantly take place at our Burnaby Office located at #102 – 5623 Imperial Street. Occasional groups occur off site in the Burnaby and New Westminster communities.Continue reading
Cameray Child and Family Services has a volunteer opportunity in the Burnaby office. Volunteers are needed to join counselling sessions to interpret for both the counsellor and the client.
Cameray Child and Family Services is currently seeking new Board members. The volunteer Board of Directors is responsible for managing the affairs of the Society under the provisions of the Constitution and By-laws. The Board is accountable for the Society’s governance, policy development, strategic planning, and financial management.
Community Kitchens – join us at Lochdale Community School in Burnaby on Wednesdays from April 10th to May 15th, 2019 from 9:15am – 12:15pm. Click here for more information
Cameray’s Annual General Meeting will be held on Monday, March 18, 2019 at 6:00pm at #102 – 5623 Imperial Street, Burnaby. Please rsvp by March 14th if you will be attending at email@example.com or 604-436-9449 Ext. 276
Location: Windsor Elementary School, 6166 Imperial Street, Burnaby BC
Starting on Thursday, January 24th to February 14th, 2019
Four sessions: Thursday mornings from 9:15am to 12:15pm
Childcare is available if needed
Spaces are limited.
To register: please contact Pat at firstname.lastname@example.org or
This program is for parents.
For more information please click here
MARKETING STUDENT – VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
Cameray Child & Family Services is a community-based agency committed to the strengthening of individuals and families through a spectrum of services including counselling, education outreach and advocacy. We offer a range of programs and services to children, youth and their families in Burnaby and New Westminster. All of our services are free of charge.Continue reading