Youth Worker: Temporary Contract Position
To assist the Activity Co-ordinator with the transition program for elementary students (ACTS Program) in the coordination of mentors and support with the program activities.
- 1 position for 12 hours per week – 3:00pm to 7:00pm Tues, Wed and Thurs.
- $17.79 per hour
- To start October 2, 2018
Escape to India! Charitable Fundraiser on September 22, 2018 from 12pm to 9pm
Escape to India! is a market featuring all things Indian under one roof. They will have a variety of Indian foods, drinks, handicrafts, clothing, music, performances, henna artists and much more. They will also have a 5* star BC winery and local brewery on-site.
Tickets are $5 and if purchased prior to the event, can be redeemed in product at the ‘Bollywood Boutique’ (one of many shops in the market). They recommend to reserve a table in advance if coming with a group and want to stay awhile.
Go eat, shop, and dance all the while supporting local charities like Cameray Child and Family Services!
Click here to see the flyer
Childcare Worker Contract
Contract positions to provide childcare in Burnaby and/or New Westminster for parenting groups for 2-3 hours per group. Groups predominantly take place at our Burnaby Office located at #102 – 5623 Imperial Street. Occasional groups occur off site in the Burnaby and New Westminster communities.Continue reading
Healthy Kids Fair
Parents with preschoolers, come and take part in free activities! Join us at the Bonsor Healthy Kids Fair on Thursday, June 7, 2018 from 9:30am – 12noon. Click here for more information
EMOTIONAL REGULATION WITH CHILDREN & YOUTH: BUILDING YOUR TOOLBOX
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd, 2018
As neuroscience continues to reveal the importance of developing greater and greater capacities for emotional regulation, it is essential that clinicians understand the biology behind regulation and how to develop it within the children they work with. This full day workshop is designed to help clinicians understand exactly what regulation is and is not, the biological mechanisms in the brain and nervous system allowing for regulation, and learn practical tools for developing a child’s regulatory capacity. Clinicians will also learn what it takes and how to become the external regulator in the relationship- the most important tool to have in the toolbox.
In this workshop, Lisa makes the growing field of neuroscience accessible and relevant to clinicians of all backgrounds. This workshop caters to both experienced and new clinicians, and is applicable to private practice, agency and school settings. Clinicians will leave this workshop with a powerful new perspective on emotional regulation and ideas that they can take straight into their next session.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE DOWNLOAD OUR FLYER AND REGISTRATION FORM
EARLY BIRD RATE: Only $160 per person – lunch included
AFTER September 30th, 2018: $175 p.p.
Student Rate $120 p.p. (10 seats available)
Cameray Child and Family Services has a volunteer opportunity in the Burnaby office. Volunteers are needed to join counselling sessions to interpret for both the counsellor and the client.
Cameray Child and Family Services is currently seeking new Board members. The volunteer Board of Directors is responsible for managing the affairs of the Society under the provisions of the Constitution and By-laws. The Board is accountable for the Society’s governance, policy development, strategic planning, and financial management.
MARKETING STUDENT – VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
Cameray Child & Family Services is a community-based agency committed to the strengthening of individuals and families through a spectrum of services including counselling, education outreach and advocacy. We offer a range of programs and services to children, youth and their families in Burnaby and New Westminster. All of our services are free of charge.Continue reading
Location: Windsor Elementary School, 6166 Imperial Street, Burnaby BC
Starting on Tuesday, April 17th to Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018
Six sessions: Tuesday mornings from 9:15am to 12:30pm
Childcare is available if needed
Spaces are limited. A six-week commitment is required
To register: please contact Pat at email@example.com or
This program is for parents.
For more information please click here – Flyer – Food Skills for Families (Windsor 2018)
One Position Available – Child and Family Counsellor
- 1 Temporary @ 35 hours/week until Dec 31, 2018
- To provide long and short term counselling to children and their families
- To work two evenings until 7:00 pm
- To start April 23, 2018
Key Responsibility Area – Counselling with Children, Parents and Families
- To function as part of a clinical team
- To work with children using play/art therapy
- To provide information and education regarding child development, including sexual and emotional development
Key Responsibility Area – Referral, Information and Consultation
- To provide occasional crisis intervention to clients
- To liaise with other agencies/professionals regarding clients for purposes of consultation or referral
Key Responsibility Area – Community Liaison/Advocacy
- To advocate for and to co-ordinate client services with other agencies and professionals
- To collaborate with MCF Social Workers on client goals/programs, such as ICM’s as required
Key Responsibility Area – Administration
- Develop an appropriate treatment plan in conjunction with the client and conduct regular reviews of the treatment process
- Maintain client files, recording client visits and key information
- Prepare client progress reports
- Complete all required data collection, including clinical stats
- Submit time sheets and other information as required
- Prepare education handout for parents, clients and community
Key Responsibility Area – Professional Development
- Keep abreast of development in the fields of sexual abuse and trauma counselling
- Attend specified workshops and conferences
- Network with colleagues and other professionals in the field
- M.S.W. or M.A. /M.Ed./Psychology
- Minimum of two years clinical experience, including work with children and families
- Training and experience in play therapy techniques, sexual abuse counselling and individual and family counselling
- In depth knowledge of child development and sexual abuse dynamics
- Knowledge of child protection and legal systems
- Crisis intervention skills
- Competence and comfort in working with diversity
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a professional team
- Drivers License
- This position is covered under a collective agreement
- Cameray Child and Family Services is an equal opportunity employer
- Successful applicants are subject to a criminal record check. Notarized copy of degree(s) certification required
- Must have access to a reliable car
Please email interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10, 2018