Part Time Administrative Assistant – Permanent Position:
- 8 hours per week (Fridays 9-5) with possibility of occasional casual coverage Monday-Thursday
- Provides a variety of secretarial, clerical and receptionist duties.
- To start November 6, 2017 or later
- Wage to start at $17.47 per hour (step 1)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Acknowledge and greet clients.
- Answers phone and/or in person inquiries. Responds to routine queries with regard to the organization and services provided. Provides resources or referral to the appropriate agency, if they aren’t eligible for our services.
- Assists intake and referral process for clients; booking of appointments and file documentation.
- Maintains filing systems and updates forms as needed. Maintains library – videos and books.
- Sorts and distributes both incoming and outgoing mail. Responsible for collecting and organizing employee administrative documents for forwarding to the Executive Director, i.e. employee schedules, crisis appointment times, client list and unpaid leave general form.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating waiting lists and client database – must be proficient in Word and Excel and have a working knowledge of Access.
- Helps in the creation and publication of the quarterly newsletter and yearly agency reports.
- Gathers and compiles statistical information on a monthly basis to create a variety of reports for the Ministry of Children and Family Development.
- Completion of grade 12, ability to type 60 words per minute and operate a computer and related application software programs; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; ability to organize work and carry out duties of the position with independence and the ability to relate to others in a professional and respectful manner.
- Competence and comfort in working with diversity.
- This position is covered under a collective agreement.
- Cameray Child and Family Services is an equal opportunity employer.
- Successful applicants are subject to a criminal record check. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please email interest to Stefanie Poli at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 3, 2017