Parent Support Program
CLICK HERE for the AUGUST 2020 Parent Support Online Group Calendar
This program offers prevention and early intervention services to parents and parents-to-be to increase a family’s knowledge and skills for effective parenting to strengthen family resiliency. Individual parent support sessions and interactive / psycho-educational groups. For expecting parents and parents with child aged 0 – 5. Referrals from any source. Here is the brochure and the referral form.
* Our office is wheelchair and stroller accessible
Who is the program for?
This free program is for expectant parents and parent with children under the age of 5 who reside in Burnaby or New Westminster. The program offers groups and individual support designed to strengthen family resilience.
Come and build your confidence and skills as a parent while connecting with new friends and other community resources.
What is included in this free service?
- Group Sessions
- Individual Parent Support Sessions
- Education and take-home resources on up-to-date parenting practices
- Bus Tickets to attend programming
- Snack during group and dinner for evening groups
- One or two hour group sessions on various topics are offered on most weekdays and some evenings year round
- Play-based and educational groups available
- Parents can attend any groups they are interested in or feel would be beneficial
- New group calendar provided monthly
- A fun, relaxed environment to learn and connect with other parents
Group topics include:
Managing Anger and Stress
Parent-Child Mother Goose®
Attachment and Bonding
Family Literacy Circle
Social and Emotional Development
…and many more!
- Work with a support counsellor to develop a personalized family plan, identify strengths, needs, and goals
- Learn effective parenting skills
- Get informed about healthy child development
- Receive support as you navigate the challenges of being a parent