Parent Support Program
CLICK HERE for the current Parent Support Group Calendar
CLICK HERE for the upcoming Parent Support Group Calendar
This program offers prevention and early intervention services to parents and parents-to-be to increase a family’s knowledge and skills for effective parenting to strengthen family resiliency. Individual parent support sessions and interactive / psycho-educational groups. For expecting parents and parents with child aged 0 – 5. Referrals from any source. Here is the brochure and the referral form.
* Our office is wheelchair and stroller accessible
Who is the program for?
This free program is for expectant parents and parent with children under the age of 5 who reside in Burnaby or New Westminster. The program offers groups and individual support designed to strengthen family resilience.
Come and build your confidence and skills as a parent while connecting with new friends and other community resources.
What is included in this free service?
- Group Sessions
- Individual Parent Support Sessions
- Education and take-home resources on up-to-date parenting practices
- Bus Tickets to attend programming
- Snack during group and dinner for evening groups
- One or two hour group sessions on various topics are offered on most weekdays and some evenings year round
- Play-based and educational groups available
- Parents can attend any groups they are interested in or feel would be beneficial
- New group calendar provided monthly
- A fun, relaxed environment to learn and connect with other parents
Group topics include:
- Managing Anger and Stress
- Parent-Child Mother Goose®
- Attachment and Bonding
- Family Literacy Circle
- Social and Emotional Development
- Positive Discipline
- …and many more!
- Work with a support counsellor to develop a personalized family plan, identify strengths, needs, and goals
- Learn effective parenting skills
- Get informed about healthy child development
- Receive support as you navigate the challenges of being a parent