MARKETING STUDENT – VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
Cameray Child & Family Services is a community-based agency committed to the strengthening of individuals and families through a spectrum of services including counselling, education outreach and advocacy. We offer a range of programs and services to children, youth and their families in Burnaby and New Westminster. All of our services are free of charge.Continue reading
Come and join us for our Community Kitchens groups at
Lochdale Community School (6990 Aubrey St. Burnaby)
- Wednesdays: October 4, 11, 18 & 25, 2017 (9:15am-12:15pm)
Windsor Elementary School (6166 Imperial Street, Burnaby)
- Tuesdays: November 14, 21, 28 & December 5, 2017 (9:15am-12:15pm)
Click here for more information.
To register contact: Patricia Davison at: 604-764-1358 or email@example.com
Youth Worker: Temporary Contract Position (October 2017 to May 2018)
To assist the Activity Co-ordinator with the transition program for elementary students (ACTS Program) in the coordination of mentors and support with the program activities.
- 1 position for 12 hours per week – 3:00pm to 7:00pm Mon, Wed and Thurs.
- $17.12 per hour
- To start October 2, 2017
Part Time Counsellor – Burnaby Youth Clinic
- One Counsellor needed for Burnaby Youth Clinic
- Must be registered with professional body (i.e. RCC, CCC)
- Three to four hours on Tuesdays between the hours of 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm and to start October 2, 2017
- $34.40 per hour
- Counsellor must have experience working with high risk youth, and be comfortable working in a drop-in environment
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 22, 2017
In honor of World Refugee Day on June 20, 2017, we’d like to share an art piece created from a 16 year old female’s passion for learning more about the experience of a refugee.
Below are the words of this artist explaining what inspired this beautiful piece of work:
“The refugee crisis is the story of our time. How we are dealing with it is defining who we are. I can’t not deal with it in my work. To create is to be curious, engaged, awake, and in earnest dialogue with the unknown. And truly, it is through dance that I have the best hope of honoring a subject I care so deeply about” –Crystal Pite
USING EXPRESSIVE THERAPY WITH CHILDREN & YOUTH: BUILDING YOUR TOOLBOX
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 24th, 2017
This fast-paced one-day workshop features four models of expressive therapy! It is appropriate for child and family therapists, psychologists, school counsellors, mental health clinicians, social workers, members of school-based teams, youth and family workers and community service providers. It is designed to provide specific tools to professionals who work with children and youth.
- Art Therapy Interventions: Beyond Arts & Crafts presented by Lesley Holm, RAT
- An Introduction to Trauma Informed Yoga presented by Nicole Marcia, MA, C-IAYT, YACEP, TCTSY-F
- Getting to Know You: Exploring Emotions and Behaviours with Music Therapy presented by Tatyana Dobrowolski, MTA
- Family Play Therapy Techniques presented by Phoebe Tsang, RMFT-S, RPT & Rosamond Chan, MC, RCC
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE DOWNLOAD OUR FLYER AND REGISTRATION FORM
EARLY BIRD RATE: Only $160 per person – lunch included
AFTER September 30TH, 2017: $175 p.p.
Student Rate $120 p.p. (limited seats available)
Let’s Cook Together
Come and join us once a week for 6 sessions at Lochdale Community School, starting Tuesday, May 16th to June 18th, 2017, from 9:15am to 12:15pm.
Address: 6990 Aubrey Street, Burnaby. Childcare is available.
To register: email: email@example.com or call: 604-764-1358
These kitchens are funded by Canadian Diabetes Association
Cameray Child and Family Services has a volunteer opportunity in the Burnaby office. Volunteers are needed to join counselling sessions to interpret for both the counsellor and the client.
Cameray Child and Family Services is currently seeking new Board members. The volunteer Board of Directors is responsible for managing the affairs of the Society under the provisions of the Constitution and By-laws. The Board is accountable for the Society’s governance, policy development, strategic planning, and financial management.